- The 3000 'Sports Convertible' Mark IIA (BJ7) was launched at the end of August 1962 and featured a new wrap-around windscreen, wind-up side windows, swivelling quarter lights and a quick-action folding roof
- This example was imported from the US around 30 years ago and converted to RHD
- Classically presented in Colorado Red with black leather seats and silver wires
- Approx 5,000 miles since a full engine rebuild to Fast Road Spec by Denis Welch Motorsport
- The gearbox was rebuilt and a new clutch fitted around the same time
- The car benefits from an uprated cooling system, 2" SUs from the Mk III and an alternator
- Supplied with its V5C, Heritage Certificate and a large History File with the aforementioned bills for Engine and Gearbox rebuild, plus many hundreds of pounds worth of parts mainly from AH Spares
- With our vendor for the last 15 years and described as "mechanically sound"
- In his words "Ideal for an enthusiast who wants a mechanically superior example which, with a small amount of additional expenditure over time, would make this into a very smart car and no doubt prove to be a very shrewd investment".
You can now book a one-to-one appointment (up to one hour) to view this lot at our central location of Stoneleigh Park (CV8 2LG) Monday to Friday, between Monday 7th December and Friday 11th December.
This car will be available to view as from lunchtime on Tuesday 8th December.
Please call our team on 01926 640888 to secure your viewing time.
The health & safety of both our customers and team remain the utmost priority, we are therefore operating to strict COVID-19 guidelines and full instructions for arrival and inspection protocols will be given when making your appointment.
Should you require specific further information about this car, please contact the car's consignor on the mobile number above or email them directly from the listing.