- The brainchild of GILes Smith and BERNard Friese, the Gilbern GT was sufficiently developed to be exhibited at the Racing Car Show for the first time in January 1961
- Just 202 GTs were built with the most common being the 1800GT which utilised the MGB ‘three-bearing’ engine, gearbox and overdrive, front suspension and rear axle
- 'Gilbert the Gilbern' was a long-term favourite of Mike's and was raced extensively throughout the UK and Europe
- MSA/HTP papers valid 31/12/2025–Period F–1962 – 1965. Competition GT
- Equipe GTS/Historic Roadsports/Cloth Cap and Spa Six Hours/Gentleman Drivers eligible
- Superbly prepared Doug Smith (MG Motorsport) 1845cc endurance race engine with close ratio straight cut gearbox, spare gearboxes, spare wheels and tyres and also a spare rear differential
- The full specification is available upon request
- Recorded on HPI as a 'Category D Insurance loss - damaged repairable' in 2004
- Viewing is highly recommended and encouraged to appreciate the true quality and potential of this pocket-sized racer
You can now book a one-to-one appointment (up to one hour) to view this lot at our central location of Stoneleigh Park (CV8 2LG) Monday to Friday, between Monday 7th December and Friday 11th December.
Please call our team on 01926 640888 to secure your viewing time.
The health & safety of both our customers and team remain the utmost priority, we are therefore operating to strict COVID-19 guidelines and full instructions for arrival and inspection protocols will be given when making your appointment.