1978 Ford Mk2 Escort 1.6L (4,577 miles from new)
Estimate: £16,000 - £20,000
+ Buyers Premium
Simply remarkable, one former registered keeper and 4,577 miles from new.
- This is a 1978, 4-door, 'round-headlight' 1.6L finished in Diamond White
- Powered by the lively, 5-bearing, 1598cc 'crossflow' with a 4-speed gearbox
- Sold new on 5/7/1978 by Aperfield Court Garage, Biggin Hill to a Mr Young of Orpington
- First serviced @ 339 miles some two years later. Sold to Susan Smith on 30/06/2003
- The car was MOT'd on 17/06/2003 showing a mere 594 miles had been covered in 15 years
- MOT History confirms 2007@2,898 miles and 2009@4,573. Only four miles since
- The car remains standard in all respects with the exception of a stainless steel exhaust
- No radio or speakers. The only option selected was a set of Ford Mudflaps, still worn today
- Supplied with a Haynes Manual, Ford Owners Manual & Ford Main Agent Service Book, old V5s, MOTs and Tax Discs
- To use a somewhat hackneyed expression; "Find another one"
A set of professional images will follow shortly.
Year of manufacture:
Thursday 21 January 2021
CCA Vendor Condition Report