In recent years this car has formed part of a large collection and as such has received little or no use and an element of recommissioning is to be expected to return it to the road once again. Your inspection pre-sale is welcomed and encouraged to appreciate the potential of this rarely offered motor car which is strictly sold as seen.
- In addition to the conventional Austin A40 family car, the company also provided a two-door sports version, which made its début at the 1949 London Motor Show
- The four-seat aluminium body was created in conjunction with Jensen Motors
- Entered the market in November 1950. Production ended in 1953, only 4,011 examples were produced
- RMY is the subject of an older restoration but has remained remarkably fresh
- It's finished in a lovely shade of Lemon. It's a bespoke colour but a paint swatch is with the car
- Similarly, there is a sample piece of the red leather used in the retrimming. Excellent soft top
- Lots and lots of history, newspaper articles, old brochures, rally plates, dozens of invoices, old tax discs, logbooks, MOTs, a set of spare keys and a leather photo album embossed with the 'Flying A' containing over 100 photos of the restoration and of the car in its original colour