Lot No. 317 -
1938 Fiat 500 Topolino Smith Special
This car was unsold during the sale listed above, and will have been returned to its vendor. Given the time since the sale we are no longer under contract with the client and it is unlikely that the car is still available, but please feel free to email the consignor who may have an alternative car in an upcoming sale.
One of one available on the market today.
- Super-rare Fiat 500 Topolino 'Smith Special'
- UK, RHD car supplied new to Sydney Smiths Garages of Purley in Surrey
- Re-bodied by them and sold as a Smith Special with an open 2-seater body, 4-speed synchro gearbox, independent suspension and hydraulic brakes for £138.10 shillings
- Only a handful of these were converted, one of which was for Lord Snowdon
- Owned by the current custodian since 1997 and fully restored during this time by him
- The restoration was fully documented and the car has covered just 2,000 miles since
- Fitted with a later, fully-rebuilt, 570cc OHV engine as the original side-valve was inoperative
- Quirky, fun and welcome anywhere, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity
Year of manufacture:
500 Topolino Smith Special
CCA Vendor Condition Report