Lot No. 315 -
1963 Austin Healey 3000 MkII A (BJ7)
This car was unsold during the sale listed above, and will have been returned to its vendor. Given the time since the sale we are no longer under contract with the client and it is unlikely that the car is still available, but please feel free to email the consignor who may have an alternative car in an upcoming sale.
A fine example of the comparatively rare Mk llA in a classic colour scheme with overdrive and chrome wires.
- Introduced in January 1962, the BJ7 (known as the Mk llA) differed by having twin HS6 carbs, wind-up windows, a wrap-around screen and a vertical barred grille
- This example was built in left-hand-drive during February 1963 and dispatched to Dusseldorf
- Owned by Herr Adolph Mussche from new until 1989, shipping it to the US when he moved there
- Originally finished in Healey Blue Metallic with a Blue interior (Heritage Certificate)
- On its return to the UK, it was fully restored during the early '90s and converted to RHD
- Now presented in Black over Colorado Red with chrome wire wheels and a louvred bonnet
- Very smart, 4-seat, red leather interior with its original sprung steering wheel
- Excellent history file with receipts and bills going back for decades
Year of manufacture:
CCA Vendor Condition Report