- This 1964, left-hand drive, German-spec, 230SL was delivered new to Berlin finished in Dark Bordeaux Red (DB573G) with a matching hardtop, Parchment interior and Beige soft top
- Exported to Texas in the mid-sixties by its next owner who subsequently sold it to an enthusiast in Virginia, who was to use it lightly for the following 32 years
- The engine was replaced in 2007 with a factory-correct M127 II unit (included in a £15,000 bill). Only some 3,000 miles since
- Much recent attention by our vendor including welding to the floorplan, new carpets and a new soft top
- Dark Bordeaux Red is a rare colour for a Pagoda and when combined with the lovely Parchment interior and the new Maroon carpets piped in beige, the result is a real head-turner
- In our vendor's words "It drives beautifully, it's unrestored, a good quality driver or a full nut and bolt candidate later on"
- With 122,200km (75,310m) indicated, and only 3,000 of these on the new engine, we feel this remarkably pretty little 'Pagoda' is sensibly guided
In order to view this car a ticket to the London Classic Car Show will need to be purchased via the show website. Please call our office on 01926 640 888 or alternatively talk to Richard for further details.
In light of the current Covid situation, for customers unable to attend, we will be able to conduct ‘Virtual Viewings’ of cars and their history files on Thursday 24th June, contact the consignor Richard on 07948 152921 directly to arrange your appointment for this service.