Lot No. 571 -
1987 Opel Manta B2 'Courtenay Turbo'
This car was unsold during the sale listed above, and will have been returned to its vendor. Given the time since the sale we are no longer under contract with the client and it is unlikely that the car is still available, but please feel free to email the consignor who may have an alternative car in an upcoming sale.
One of the very few Manta 2.0-litre Exclusive GT/E Coupes Turbocharged by Chris Courtenay.
- Originally a 2.0-litre GT/E Exclusive Coupe first registered on 14/01/1987
- Subsequently sent to Chris Courtenay at Courtenay Sports who had begun to specialise in Vauxhall/Opel tuning work
- Purchased by our vendor in December 2006 and one of (we believe) only 7 water-injected Courtenay Turbos with only 4 remaining
- Off the road for 10 years prior to our vendor's purchase and subject to extensive work since
- From our vendor; "I’ve replaced the wiring loom to a DTA S40 ECU, Cometic multi-layered steel head gasket, the pistons have been modified by contouring the surface to reduce the compression ratio. The original IHI turbo has been updated to a Garrett Tom Cat turbo. The intercooler has been replaced by a larger one and a 3” S/S bespoke exhaust system fitted. Wilwood 4-pot calliper brakes with vented discs, Bilstein rally-spec shocks, a touring-car cylinder head and i200 camshaft with solid followers
- Repainted (2013) in its original Monaco Blue with the TSW Hockenheim ‘R’ 17” wheels painted Gold
- More recent work includes a rear disc conversion, competition fuel pump, VXR injectors, fuel lines, brake lines, fuse box and engine bay respray.
- Engine mapped by Chris Backshell at EFI-parts showing a healthy 206bhp at the flywheel and 235 lb.ft
- Radiator cowl signed by Ari Vatanen (WRC Drivers Champion and Manta 400 pilot) and Mike Broad (Russell Brookes' Manta co-driver and now BTRDA President)
- Substantial history folder containing a copy of the original V5, photos, every tax disc, every MOT Certificate, Courtenay's original correspondence to John Floyd, the first owner, with a costing breakdown, a specification list and warranty, receipts for the Irmscher i200 camshaft and solid followers, and more
- Featured in the 50th Anniversary edition of 'Manta Magic' and a copy will be supplied with the car
- Freshly MOT'd, this is a lovely example of a rare car, sympathetically upgraded, well presented and signed by two legends of Opel's rallying history.
NB; The registration number in the images, B16 WME, does not form part of the sale.
Year of manufacture:
Monday 12 September 2022
Manta B2 Exclusive GT/E
CCA Vendor Condition Report