Lot No. 610 -
1989 Jaguar XJ-S Convertible
This car was unsold during the sale listed above, and will have been returned to its vendor. Given the time since the sale we are no longer under contract with the client and it is unlikely that the car is still available, but please feel free to email the consignor who may have an alternative car in an upcoming sale.
Offered by our vendor, the sole owner from new, benefitting from a respray, a new hood and £4,000 of recent mechanical works.
- A Series II convertible powered by the 5.3-litre HE V-12 and a ZF automatic box
- Supplied to our vendor on the 29th September 1989 in Westminster Blue with Oatmeal leather piped blue
- Acquired on the spot whilst waiting for her husband’s Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow to be serviced at Hartwells, Bristol
- All the usual Jaguar refinements including heated seats, air conditioning, power steering, windows and hood
- The car’s story is told in an article in the Jaguar Enthusiast Magazine in October 2018
- This much-loved car has had many thousands spent over the years with a new mohair power hood, new carpeting and a professional respray
- Marque specialists, Swallows, overhauled the mechanicals in 2020 at a cost of £4,000 and the car has Pirelli tyres fitted 110 miles ago
- Presented to auction with the original radio/cassette player, tool kit, service book, history file bursting with receipts and an odometer reading of 79,013 miles (atoc)
Year of manufacture:
Wednesday 27 October 2021
CCA Vendor Condition Report