Lot No. 737 -
1971 Morris Mini Cooper S
Estimate: £24,000 - £28,000
+ buyers premium of 13.2% (including VAT at 20%)
A well restored and nicely presented 1971 Mk 3 'S' from 7 years current ownership with an interesting history.
- Denes Morvay worked for BMC in fuel research and was an acquaintance of Sir Alec Issigonis
- He hand-built 5 special Cooper S cars this being the only known survivor. It was built on dry suspension but all other mechanicals are Cooper S (period wheels and SEV Marchal 8” driving lamps)
- Originally finished in Black Tulip, a Marina colour. Now Tartan Red with an Old English White roof
- Engine rebuilt by Southam Mini Centre (EN40B forged-steel crank, track-day cylinder head and Swiftune SW5 cam) and producing 93bhp at the wheels
- More recently, the original body shell was restored by The Z Farm, Datsun 240Z specialists
- The car's history was researched by the Mini Cooper S Club registrar and is therefore known to the club
- An original letter of provenance from Denes Morvay is available with the car
- With our vendor for seven years and benefits from recent shocks, exhaust, tyres etc.
Year of manufacture:
Monday 07 November 2022
CCA Vendor Condition Report